The Sun girls

The Sun girls
excited to be outside

Monday, May 30, 2005

Feels Like Home...The Remix

Generally, it is a relief to come home. But this trip has been wrought with hectic preparations and so much left undone. It's an unsettling feeling to board your plane having left projects lingering, emails unopened, and phone calls waiting in voicemail. It's like leaving the garage door open, the stove on, and the mail overflowing in your mailbox. Did I mention my gas tank is empty?

But the tradeoff is well worth the uneasiness. On Sunday, I took my niece and nephew swimming in their new community pool. Granted, it's a bit early in the season to take a dip here in the east coast, but they had waited since our New Orleans trip to get me into the pool again. Little Megan was so cold, she was like a tiny popsicle even after submerging up to her neck. As bad as it was to see her shiver (she's probably going to get a cold), I couldn't help but giggle hearing and watching MeMe's teeth chatter and tiny body shake. She's just too cute.

All the stress, well, it was even worth the 6:30am wakeup call I didn't ask for on Monday. But now it's back to the rock pile...

Btw, anyone know if it's bad to sing Erasure songs as lullabies to little babies? =P

No comments: