The Sun girls

The Sun girls
excited to be outside

Friday, November 24, 2006

Running

"When I first took up running, it could be more accurately described as "wunning," because I would walk and run. I would be walking, and then I would talk myself into running for just five minutes. Once I was over that five-minute hurdle, I found that I could run ten minutes. And so it went. I discovered it required some perseverance and self-discipline on my part to build up endurance for running. Show me a person who is successful in anything, and I will show you a person who has some discipline. In the same way, to be successful spiritually means consistently embracing what will help us spiritually while turning away from anything that would weaken our walk. It comes down to exercising and applying discipline in our lives as Christians. I know that's a word we don't like to hear. We don't like the idea of discipline. But if we want to be successful as followers of Christ, then we will need discipline in our lives. I believe that one of the most important things that will help us spiritually is getting God's Word into our lives on a consistent basis. We must learn to daily study the Bible and hide it in our hearts, and we can start a little at a time—like me and my "wunning."

Leave it to an evangelist to sum up my life. I'm tired of the backwards steps, and the inevitable feeling that you're getting nowhere. Gotta get some of that discipline boost along the way. Ya, that'll do it. Anyone have some handy?

No comments: