The Sun girls

The Sun girls
excited to be outside

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

All Star

I have been chosen.

Last night, I had the fortuitous opportunity to be a date at the Warriors vs. Rockets game. A friend got tickets last minute, so against every non-spontaneous bone in my body, I jumped at the chance. 9th row, a parking pass, and even better, the tickets were free! Originally we were going to play tennis, but instead of flaking on me and bringing some hot boy toy who would've drooled at the chance of going with her to the game (more because her of course), she picked me! I felt like the little green, rubber alien in Toy Story as the claw slowly descended upon the sea of alien brothers only to scoop him up. What a great way to start the week.

The game was fairly uneventful the first half. The Rockets were faster, defended well, and always found the hole in the Warriors' defense. The Warriors, on the other hand, seemed to just stand around and watch the Rockets sink 3 pointer after 3 pointer. It was sad. But in the last period, our homeboys came alive, charging the basket, led by a net finding Baklava (
http://www.livejournal.com/~wenfy/ Mar 15 entry). After taking a dive to an 18 point deficit, The City came back to tie the game with only a few minutes to go. But alas, in true Warrior fashion, they could not deliver in the end. But we had a good time, with numerous 4th period turnovers, fouls, and a slam dunk getting us up out of our seats (did I mention they were free?). Good old fashioned ball game craziness complete with yummy garlic parmesan fries and chili dogs.

It's good to be an American.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

weeeeeeeee! thanks for being my hot date ;) go baklava!!

Anonymous said...

Ok...SOMEONE was happy to have you as a hot date. Haha. ^_^ I feel like we are all those tiny green aliens. Imagine you with huge eyes (wait..those do have huge eyes), so maybe it's funnier with small eyes like mine, small nose, small lips.

Anonymous said...

That was from - Seattle -

ro said...

Annie! I was wondering if you were free anytime this week (before Thurs.) so I could hang out with you or something. Please? I haven't seen you in so long!