The Sun girls

The Sun girls
excited to be outside

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Baby Come Back

A few days ago, I noticed an eerie shadow protruding slightly behind the sponge that sits on the far side of my bathtub. The shadow didn't disappear with the time of day, so after awhile, I finally mustered up the courage to investigate. That little shadow was the short stem of a baby flower! I quickly recalled the cleanup from some gardening I had done just a week ago, and realized that this scrubber, which was just one step away from the dumpster, lay host to a new plant. Once used for the occasional tub scrubdown, that raggedy ol' sponge had transformed into the new home for a poppy sprout.

Just recently, I was once again struck by the awesomeness of God's redemptive nature - His extraordinary ability to redeem that which was lost, and even that which is outright antagonistic, where He is consciously forsaken. Our souls can be dead in the world, but then the Spirit reinflates our hearts the moment we turn back towards Him. How close to that trash bin we can be, and then suddenly, there is life renewed. What an opportune time for that sprout to bring life to that seemingly useless sponge. Rubbish becomes the bearer of new life. So once again, I was reminded that the Lord confirms the truth He communicates to us. I bet that's just God's form of punctuation. "Let's just make sure they know it's Me and that's My message...period...for now." But oh, just to hear His sweet voice. It's music to my ears.

If we would just stop feeding Him illustrations, maybe He could stop preaching. Until then, I'm going to first service to get a seat up front. Wanna join me?

No comments: