The Sun girls

The Sun girls
excited to be outside

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Let Go Part II

All I have in my head for this entry is the urge to let go. God has been admonishing me to more than just be still, be patient, and wait. He has been admonishing me to let go. It's like that feeling of learning to ski. As a beginner, I was stiff and unyielding, overadjusting and flexing every muscle to compensate for the imbalanced slipping and sliding on the slopes. Once I relaxed a bit (mind you, this took a couple seasons), the turns came much more easily. I don't know about you, but it is amazing to me how much easier it is to capitulate than it is to labor, and yet I fight it every step of the way.

It is burdensome to hang onto what ails you or what you don't understand or what is not completely in your control. People can easily fall into one of those categories. We're all so different, and those who find their way into the intimate confines of your constitution can be, well (if I may call the glass half empty), liabilities. You risk their making a misguided move only to wound you. It is a gamble we willing take in order to enjoy the fruit of friendship, and better yet, fellowship. But when the inevitable contusions are inflicted, forgiveness is the only way those wounds and scars can heal.

In Matthew 5:3, Jesus wisely affirmed this in the truth that "blessed are the poor in Spirit". How ironic is it that once we reach the end of our proverbial rope, God will go beyond our earthly limitations if only we ask Him.


And so I humbly acquiesce, I willingly yield, I surrender all. "...Yet not my will, but yours be done." (Luke 22:42)

Looking forward to the freedom.

Sifting through my past blog entries, I was surprised to see that in my first edition of Let Go (
http://anniebob.blogspot.com/2006/01/let-go.html); God was teaching me something somewhat different.

No comments: