The Sun girls

The Sun girls
excited to be outside

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Blasphemous Rumors

Awaiting my lunch date outside an obscure Japanese joint, God pulled a fast one on me. Thinking we're all, as the Chinese say, "clever", we planned to meet up before noon to beat the lunch crowd. So as I approach the front door, I see a girl carrying groceries, happily walking, minding her own business. We exchange polite glances and continue on our merry ways, me to the front door, and she wherever the sidewalk was leading. But then she stops, swings her bags around to face me, and says, "Annie?" Stunned, I search my files for common girls names to fit her face. Oh my gosh, it's the girlfriend who turned my Zoloft needing friend into a "the sun will come out tomorrow" crooner! After swapping small talk about jobs, houses, and the weather, I am struck by a 10 second pang of guilt for writing my first blog entry. Doesn't last long, but it's enough to make me record the encounter here.

God had way too much fun with me today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is no hiding from God. ^_^

Anonymous said...

Wow cool! God answered you the next day! God is good. =)
Hm…you should post more!

-Yoyo

jon said...

hey annie!!!
just saying hi... =)